More than its predecessors, this new Schindler logo emphasizes the company name and the traditional symbol that has been in the first Schindler logo from 1910. The name, symbol, and colors are built on this old tradition. But at the same time the new logo with its three-dimensional elegance points to the future, communicating dynamism and movement. It expresses technical precision and utmost quality. The logo with its solid roots is a clear statement of Schindler AG's identity: Reliable, Moving and Trailblazing.
History of the Schindler AG logo
In 1910 Alfred Schindler designed the first logo in collaboration with a young employee from western Switzerland, Maxime Chatelain: A circle symbolizing a perfect whole with a compass representing precision and the art of engineering. Needless to say, the logo also included the year the company was founded, 1874, and the Schindler name. That was how the story of a successful logo began.
In 1985 the Schindler logo was radically redesigned and modernized. The three characteristic red stripes were introduced and became the dominant element of the logo. The stripes of the vertically applied logo represent the vertical transformation of the core business.
By 1974 graphic designers developed the logo further. You might still see this logo today on elevators installed before the 1990s.
In 1925 the logo was simplified and registered. The original compass image (see below) was made abstract and reduced to two lines.